It still seems like I am just getting over the surprise of finding out about this little baby...watching in shocked elation as a second line formed on the strip. I was so stunned that I couldn't even wait to tell Jon in a cute or special way with any kind of forethought. I just blurted it out as we backed out of the driveway 30 minutes later and he almost hit the lamp post.
No not expected, but certainly wanted...it was like every Christmas wrapped into a surprise party.
Then the smell of anything made me run for the bathroom for the next 12 weeks.
It shouldn't then, have come as a surprise that she is a "she". But that same feeling of dazed-shocked-joy rushed at us again in the ultrasound room.
And now...she is almost here.
Soon.
PLEASE.
There comes a point in pregnancy where the thought of the exit strategy no longer seems that unappealing. In fact...if they told me she was coming out through my nose, I would agree as long as she was in my arms rather then my body. I would have a sweet baby to snuggle and no more heartburn, migraines, exhaustion, indigestion, waddling, swollen ankles, hot flashes, constant need to pee- well you know...the list goes on (funny how we forget!) And it was all tolerable...until a certain point.
I reached that point. This past weekend. I am ready to have this baby.
I would like my body back (with the exception of my thick hair...can I keep that? A parting gift maybe?).
The countdown is on.
I am 35 weeks on Friday...3 more weeks until she is full term... 42 weeks was my longest pregnancy...41 weeks as a close second. I am throwing in the towel earlier this time...she has a few weeks before the infamous eviction notice is composed... So baby...enjoy your final time at Chez Utero...I know you have enjoyed your time here; complimentary meals, automatic temperature control, special events such as "kick the bladder". We try to foresee and accommodate every need but soon...it will be time to move on to better things.
Just a heads up (or down...or whatever).
No comments:
Post a Comment