Saturday, December 24, 2016

Ben's 9th Birthday Letter

Dear Ben,

How time flies when you are having fun! And you know how to have fun!
You are always ready with a newly invented game, joke, contest or activity. You keep everyone entertained and on their toes.

You love to create! I remember when you were only 2 and 3 years old and we had your "craft bin" in your room. We would put you to bed at 7:30 and listen to you draw, colour, paint, cut and paste your nights work. You would chat to yourself the entire time. I wish I had recorded those moments outside of my memory! I couldn't think of a day, at that time, when you wouldn't be exactly as you were right in front of us. But it was a blink.

Now you are becoming a young man. Only one year away from double digits. You hang on the cusp of childhood with a brimming maturity.

Your personality is evident of the kind of person you will always be I believe. The inherent parts of you that have been unchanging. You are kind, sensitive, determined and creative. You are thoughtful, optimistic, enjoy a good laugh and competitive. You like to do well and will work for the results you want. You like to know the rules and have difficulty accepting exceptions or unfairness.

I enjoy your company. You are someone who I am glad to have in my life, not only as my son but simply as someone who makes my life happier and whose energy I enjoy being close to. You are without a doubt one of my most favorite people. I hope we will always be as close as we are now. At 9 years old you tell me everything. Every thought and feeling and encounter you have. Every problem, success and interesting fact. Sometimes I am fascinated, sometimes I pretend to be;) I hope you always feel like you can tell me anything.

I hope that you give childhood one big go this year as it comes to an end.  I am going to let you play too many video games, eat ice cream for breakfast, savor every cuddle and snuggle, read an extra bed time story to you, even though you could read it faster yourself. I will appreciate when you tuck your hand in mine and ask for a back scratch. These years, with you, have been the best ones of my life.
I love being your mother.

Happy birthday my darling boy!

Mommy xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...