Ben is approaching 3 and a half years of age (shocking, yes.) In this milestone I have noticed a marked change in his development. He talks like a person now...a real conversing, appropriate tense using person (with interesting enunciation). I find it rewarding to have a conversation with him and be graced with what verbal gems are going to be pouring out of his mouth next.
Of late...
"Mommy, YOU are my best BEST girl. I love you and you love me and THAT is why we are such good friends right?"
In his new nudist phase (he can only use the toilet when completely naked...which we are working on as it poses an issue in public bathrooms) he emerges in the nude quite frequently throughout the day...to which he is reminded that private parts are private and it is very cold in February...this is so far uncompelling.
"Ben, where are all your clothes now?"
"OH! Well, my shirt got wet and my pants got tight...and (as he rubs his chest and stomach grinning) I just LOVE my body, so I need it to be OUT!
"Mommy I can do lots of things. Liiiiiike put on my coat AND hang up my coat, pee in the toilet AND poop in the toilet, give Jakey toys, pour milk AND I can measure things for cookies! Because YOU taught me Mommy...YOU did. (now cupping my face with his hands) Thanks for teaching me so many good things Mommy."
Yes, he is seriously this awesome. I hope he stays this sweet and in love with his Mommy forever.
Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment