Saturday, June 11, 2011

Party Planner


About once a week I will get invited to a party. Ben loves to plan a birthday...he is a little obsessed with parties and everything it takes to have a good one. He will hand me an invitation and call me down to the play room where there will be music on his little radio with prerecorded songs (all party appropriate!) a game set up, a cake baked from his kitchen, and a gift (usually 10-30 carefully selected toys wrapped in a blanket). We make cards for our craft and then make shaved ice in our snow cone machine. He is very proud of his parties and I am flattered to be considered his constant invite (sometimes Jake gets lucky too...despite my attempts at inclusiveness sometimes it falls during Jake's naptime...which does make it easier to play snakes and ladders...Recently he has expanded the invite list...a few weeks ago he invited Grammie and Grandad...who (despite and hour round trip drive) were here before he hung up the phone and a "juice party" for his best friend Leeah. He lined up the counter with all the food his "selective eating" friend would like from apples to popcorn. She arrived, they "partied", went through the sprinkler and he called it a success. I am thinking of letting him plan a bigger one, with more people and more food...until then I will enjoy our parties for two while they last!

He is a cute one, my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...