Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Footprints in the Sand


Most people are familiar with the touching and much quoted poem about the two sets of footprints in the sand. One set belongs to the man, whose life he is reflecting on. The other set beside his belongs to the Lord who walked beside him through life. He questions God; "Why during the most difficult times of my life are their only one set of footprints? Why would you leave me when I needed you most" God answers "I would never leave you. It is then that I carried you".

If this was my life the conversation would also go;
"Why God, are there long trenches of imprints in the sand between the footprints?"
He would answer;
"My child, it is then when I dragged you".

No. I would not have picked this trial. Not now. Not at 5 months pregnant. Not 8 weeks before moving to a new house. Not in the middle of our perfect life that I love. Not to my best friend. Not to Daddy. Not now. Probably not ever.

But I trust His plan. I really do. Some days it is so hard. It is so hard I cannot possibly do it alone. But I don't have to.

I can feel the support under my arms. Sometimes dragging me to the next chapter of this journey but most importantly holding me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...