Thursday, April 28, 2011

Popcicles




It is "almost" the season of frozen treats! I don't give the kids nutritionally empty stor bought versions of popsicles. Rather I use their inherent love of all things rocket shaped to sneak in a serving (or 6) of fruit and veggies...

Chcocicles

one avacodo
one banana
1 TBS flax meal
1 squirt Agave nectar
2 dates
1.5 TBS cocoa powder
2 TBS vanilla rice milk (or regular)

blend and pour into molds


Tropical fruitcicles

one fresh pineapple
one kiwi
one banana
one mango
one handful of berries (raspberries are so good!)
one handful of frozen greens (spinach, kale etc)
one can coconut milk
one splash of orange juice or water

blend, pour into molds.

We usually have a bowl as "ice cream" before pouring in the molds. You can add hemp or chia seeds to the top as sprinkles.

***I really just make them up as I go along. Whatever I have with some banana, pineapple, and coconut milk (this makes them really creamy! and is SO good for you...full or minerals and vitamins, good fats and electrolytes to stay hydrated in weather warmer then this).

4 comments:

  1. Those look AWESOME! Thanks for the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipes...thanks for sharing! We make smoothie pops...but I got some great ingredient tips from this post :) AND....where did you get those rocket popsicle molds??? LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH aren't they great! We really enjoy them too. I got the from Zehrs:) I am telling you, a can of coconut milk and a banana makes them so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am writing these down for future use! I don't have any popsicle molds, but am looking for them at garage sales this summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...