I love being a "Mommy".
When I hear my children call me "Mommy" (or "mama...")my heart swells just a little each time. It is the sweetest of words. In two small syllables I am reminded of purpose. Joy. Blessings. I feel I am all of me when little arms wrap themselves around my legs and I hear a tiny voice utter that word. Anyone else who is graced with small children in their life and privileged enough to be their "Mommy" know the warmth and unique love that small children carry in this word.
This Mother's day I received breakfast in bed, dandelions for my hair (pre taped...so they wouldn't fall out!)cards and visits with two other special "Mommy's" in our life (who make equally wonderful grandmothers!) I was reminded a little bit extra how Mother's, the becoming and the having... are such a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment