Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Right Now


So as we don't think our scrumptious little boys are all work and no fun let me assure you they are mostly fun and a little work (that little one is a going concern..he thinks he is 8...)

Right now...

Jacob dances like a champ...he has the rythem of his father and I but he works it out with some feet taping, hands clappping and hands waving.

Ben wants to the know the name of every street we are on...he is getting so he can give me directions! (What is this enviable link between testosterone and sense of direction?!)

Jacob points to his nose when asked about every body part...I know he "knows" the right answer though...he just loves his nose.

Ben desperately wants a pet. So far we have had "Anty" "Hoppy" "Snaily" and "visit cat" ... they have so far all died or ran away. Each time devastation in our midst. The last time "visit Cat" went back home to our neighbors house Ben came in sobbing and laid down as only the broken hearted can do on the couch. "why are you crying Ben?" "Because I just want a pet sooooooo baaaaadly...I just waaaaaant a little peeeeet to loooooove" he wailed.

Oh geez. The heartstrings yanked me right over to google where I found the most suitable of pets for the cat and dog allergic...mini pigs! Google them...you will be so jel!

Jake has no fear...at the park he will go on anything and has no sense of height or injury in the least. I follow him around for 15 minutes and then bring a bag of snacks to bribe him to stay sitting with me. It is going to be a long summer...that I pray we make through with no appendages in casts.

Ben is so independent... I love love love watching them delight in learning new things. He amazes me at how he picks up new things so quickly.

Jake is a goofball- he is silly, adorable, funny and loves to make people laugh.

Ben likes to pick out his own clothes now. Sigh...

Jake is the most outgoing toddler I have ever seen. At our library program we attended for the first time this week he marched in to the room, went around to each person, waved and said "Hi" (the word he has been trying so hard to master) then picked up a book from the librarians pile and flopped himself into the lap of another Mother who jumped with surprise as he grinned and waved the book at her. He leaned against her chest waiting for him to read while everyone else tried not to laugh.

Ben is OBSESSED with monster trucks. We have watched every video on You tube.

Jake loves bubble baths and birds.

They get along well and take care of each other. I am loving this time with them...really really loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...