


When we purchased our home I knew there was a dream list I wanted to get to work on right away... it was toned down significantly through budgetary constraints but I was able to get creative and discover how to decorate on a budget...and show patience as all the projects couldn't get done when I wanted them to. I will give the cost breakdown because I am always curious when I hear "decorating on a budget" what does that ACTUALLY mean and does my budget and yours really mean the same thing...
I am still working on the family room, the bedrooms and the main floor bath so I won't share those...but here is the main floor...done!
Kitchen- cabinet repainting and hardware- $1300
-Table and chairs $40.00 (kijiji) These are temporary, I am looking for a distressed black set.
-Family photos in frame behind table (re purposed- covered over old painting in the frame)
living/dining room
-floors $400.00
-black sectional- $400.00 (kijiji)
-paint $250.00 (I had painted myself and then had professionals come in and do the trim when they did the cabinets)
-light- gifts
-lantern- $25.00 and plant was free
-white distressed side board and cabinet $20.00 for both (my best ever yard sale find!)
-Rustic pier one table and chairs- $350.00 (kijiji!)
-clock- $30.00 (Homescense)
-"family" wall hanging $40.00 (Homescense)
-Shag rug- $175.00 (Costco)
- Ikea buffet and hutch- $70.00 (kijiji)
-White dishes in hutch- $4.00 thrift stores (baskets were gifts)
Total- $2940
No comments:
Post a Comment