Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Little Something

Wonderfully Boy

Soaking in the moment
Beads fall from his check and drop down his chin.
A little uncertain he slows their quickened pace.
Tender, cautious steps-
One last look to his Mothers turned back
And closer he walks to the beckoning hole.
The sand of yesterday floods and darkens.
A raised leg
A bent knee
He plunges down hard-
Brilliantly.
His face; streaked with evidence of his feat
Rises at the turn of his mouth
And his smile turned up in the wet of the rain
Washes the naughty away.

My aunt asked me to write "something" about boys for a newsletter she does for her school. YIKES.
This kind of creative freedom is both relieving and distressing.
I can't write under pressure for one. Secondly I am too terrified that what I come up with would be completely different then what she had in mind.
So I told her I couldn't...but then I did. A little late (when the date had passed and the pressure was off...)
Jon doesn't understand poetry...he couldn't figure out what this was a bout in the least...A mudpuddle
My favorite line is "evidence of his feat" it is a double entendre...get it...feat/feet...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, this is the first time your blog has let me comment in ages. I don't know what's wrong with it. Secondly, I love the poem. I got it without the explanation. The imagery is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...