At 15 months old Jake doesn't say a whole lot yet; "all done, more, moooo, mama, da, beeeee (Ben) and a lot of variations of AH". He will also reluctantly sign a few things too. He sure understands everything though as he loves to follow directions and get little jobs like "go get Mommy's shoes" "get a book" "throw this in the garbage". Yes, a bright little fellow and pretty easy on the eyes too.
Recently we had a bit of a Helen Keller breakthrough though in terms of how badly he wants to communicate and how creative he can be to get you to understand.
Jake was banging on the garage door. Not a place where I let them play I took him up the stairs and watched him have a mini fit. Since it was a definite "no" on the garage play I held firm and watched him get up, brush himself off and march his little self over to the book basket. He went through them with purpose until he found the one he was looking for...flipped to the page of choice and marched back over to bang it on the gate and yell at me.
I went over and picked up the book...there was the picture...and there was his fat little finger pointing furiously at...the bubble.
I asked him if he wanted to get the bubbles from the garage and he squirmed, squealed, grinned and waved his arms.
Yes. It was very much what he wanted:)
No comments:
Post a Comment