Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob!






Jacob! Two years ago you came so quickly and easily into our lives. You have continued this trend ever since. You are an easy boy. Happy, content, funny. you have simple loves; Mommy, Daddy, Ben. Vegetables (?! seriously, you can't get enough of them!) playing with tractors, babies, and books. You love to rock with me in your rocking chair before sleeping. And you are so easily amused and excited. When the mood hits (often) you do a happy little jig because there is just so much joy inside to keep to yourself.

You are our little burst of sunshine every morning.
I can't look at you without being overwhelmed by how I feel about you.
Those big blue eyes make it hard to say no to you...and you know it. You are cheeky and sweet. A delightful little person.

I can't wait to see who you grow into in this year. Your personality is steadily emerging as is your vocabulary. "Hi there!" "Bye now!" "Mu-mmy!(like I am being scolded) "Bo-bble" (your beloved bottle).

You love your Daddy so much. I can hear you whispering "Daddy-Daddy-Daddy" under your breath when you aren't even aware of it. You are SO excited when he gets home from work. It is a celebrity sighting every afternoon. Before you go to sleep you have me change the words to your favorite songs to "Daddy" Right now
the nightly line up is "Baa baa Daddy" "My Old Daddy Had a farm- Eiei-o" and "The Daddy on the bus says I love you". You two are peas in a pod.

My favorite memory of you recently is standing on the toy box in front of the loft window begging the snow plow we had seen the day before to come back- "Peees tractor- More?" so desperately. I was about to break it to you that our quiet little crescent rarely sees such a treat, But despite my pessimism- it CAME!. Your reaction was equivalent to a significant lottery win- cheering, yelling, dancing your happy jig on the toy box.
Gosh, I love you.


I am so blessed to be your Mother. I am grateful for the moments of your life I have been privileged to experience with you. I am proud of you and I absolutely adore everything about you.

I am remembering the first time I held you. Immediately you were placed, slippery and new on my chest. It was a shocking sight...a whole little person, who never existed before. I am still in awe today that of all the boys in the world, we got the very best ones.

Happy Birthday sweet boy. I love being your Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...