Wednesday, February 8, 2012

From all Around...



Ben came bursting out of the bathroom the other day (I have noticed that men...big and small do their best thinking in the bathroom?!) and said;
"Mommy! We are having a baby girl and we are calling her...(shyly looks away and grins at me sheepishly) Ella!

I told him that we trust that God has picked the very best baby to come to our family and that might be a girl OR a boy.

He wasn't convinced.

Last night we told him that we were going to get pictures of the new baby taken by a special camera so we could see what baby looked like and we could know if it was a boy or a girl.

"Remember! I ONLY want a girl!"

Mmmm.

He was very excited to hear that he is getting the baby sister he wanted so much and has been drawing her pictures ever since. (I am going to keep them all for her.) He is only calling her Ella. Fortunately this would work well as a nickname for another name that was high on the "girl list".

Jakey? He dances around like a maniac if you even mention the word "baby" -the boy LOVES them. He is so rough and tough and boy all over but put him near a baby and he is so sweet and gentle with his trembling hand trying to be touch gently and his little falsetto voice he talks to them in. I can't wait for my boys to meet their little sister, she is a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...