Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day One Hundred and Seventeen.






Ten Months Old!

1- Ella is BUSY. This girl never stops moving. She is curious and inquisitive and loves to explore.
2- She loves to eat. She enjoys....well...everything. She likes chilli and lasagna, chicken soup, sweet potatoes, avacado, carrots, broccoli, chickpeas and quinoa. So far she hasn't rejected very much. She didn't really eat pureed foods...she just dove into the same dinner everyone else was eating.
3- She only drinks bottles of formula now. She is way too squirmy and has far too many teeth to keep nursing. I am not even really sure when it stopped, I just realized one day that it had been awhile and she didn't really seem to care or notice.
4- Ella naps for three hours every afternoon and sleeps for 13 hours at night. She usually wakes up once...Daddy can be found rocking her at 3 am. She has his him pretty tightly wound around her pudgy little finger.
5- She LOVES her brothers. When she sees them in the morning she squeels and kicks her legs and lunges for them. They adore her equally.
6- She says "Mama" "Dada" Uh-Oh" "up" and "mo" (more).
7- Ella claps, high fives and waves.
8- She has a drawer in the kitchen that used to house the tupperware. Now it is empty which saves her the job of doing it evertime, she simply likes to climb in and out of it. She sits in it and watches whats going on in the kitchen. It is a good little nest for her. She doesn't miss anything from her drawer.
9- She likes to pick out her clothes. The boys have NEVER cared what I put on them. Little Miss-E on the other hand is a whole lot of personality and a whole lot of knowing what she wants. We will stand in front of her closet in the morning and she will reach for a dress...If I take it off the hanger she is visiably excited, if I pick something else and take the dress of her choice out of her hand she will arch her back and screach at me. ....And so it begins...
10- Ella will not tolerate hats and bibs and hair bows now.  Sigh. All three of these things would greatly benefit both of us. But no. The tantrum the ensues the moment any one of these things comes into her line of vision is something to be wittnessed. The hat is non negotiable but I have to put it back on her no less than 100 times a morning. The last time I put a little sticky bow in her hair, which apprently she is over, I put her in the car in her carseat only to return moments later with it snatched out of her hair, unravelled and half eaten. Point taken.

Ella is a spunky little happy ball of energy. She is a joy to be around. She loves life and her enthusiasm for...everything...is contagious. She is such a treasured little member of our family. We love you Ella Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...