Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.
This is a boy who keeps me on my toes. He is as tough as he is sensitive. He is as aggressive as he is sweet. He is as eager to please as he is defiant. He is a tough little cookie to crack. Jake has a mind of his own and wants what he wants when he wants it. He loves to be outside. He stays outdoors all day long when the weather allows it, going from the playground to the driveway to the backyard and back again. His favorite thing is the sand and construction trucks and his lawnmower of course. He will sit in a swing as long as someone will push him. Even as a baby, he loved the outdoors. Terrified of bees though.
Jake enjoys his meals. There isn't much that he won't eat and I am astonished at the amount he can eat. Often he will finish what Ben doesn't...which is saying a lot because his brother is not lacking in appitite either. He is very funny and energetic. Hurt feelings can quickly turn to aggression but Jake's primary emotion is happiness. It always has been. He is quick with a grin and there is just something so relaxed and laid back about him. He loves to laugh. Unless he is mad...and then....watch out!
Last week I was upstairs. I needed an hour to clean the playroom which looked like a bomb had gone off and I wanted to sort out some of the toys. I put on a movie for the boys and told them to stay downstairs with their snack. Not long afterwards Ben came slowely up the stairs.
"Uhhhhh Mommy. You might wanna come downstairs..."
This is never good.
I smelled it before I saw it.
The potty was out. Jake doesn't really use the potty. But Ben had taken it on himself to teach him. 2 pee spots on the living room floor told me it wasn't immeidatly successful. The evidence of a bowel movement on the carpeted stair landing told me it was actually a total failure. But the most shocking thing was the potato masher Jake decided to use to REALLY mash it into the carpet. It took me 40 minutes to clean the carpet...20 minutes to clean Jake and another few to wipe up the pee. The masher went in the garbage.
And these stories my sweet, poop mashing Jake...are the ones I am saving for days like...oh I don't know...first dates? Wedding?
No comments:
Post a Comment