You are here! It is remarkable how I tried to imagine you so often over the last ten months and wondered who you would look like, what colour hair you would have, how big you would be...only to hold you for the first time and just...know you. Somehow I knew you would have those gorgeous cheeks, those fat pouty, kissable lips, those wispy strands of fine hair, your long fingers and perfect toes, knee wrinkles and button nose. There you are. Like I have always known you, like you you have always been here. I can't imagine a time when you weren't here. I wouldn't want to.
What a beautiful gift you are to our family. Your sweet little spirit is quiet and undemanding. You eat and quietly sleep, with little smiles every now and then that light up your face and gives us a glimpse of the little boy bursting to come out. I love the weight of you on my chest and your little hiccups and sighs. You are patient and tolerant...until you aren't and then you show off your powerful little voice but you are easily calmed and love to be wrapped tightly against a warm body.
You have a big fan club already. Your brothers and sister think you are awfully special and love to hold you and kiss you. They are so compassionate and patient, doting and sweet with you. You are a lucky boy to be born into such love.
I am treasuring every minute of my days with a squishy little newborn baby. It is an exquisitely unique time where we just fall deeper in love . My heart lights up when you look at me, I can feel it stretching and growing just a little more to fit in...four. And you fit my beautiful boy, just perfectly.
Welcome to our family. We are so glad to have you!
Love Mommy.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment