Thursday, January 13, 2011

100 Things

So there are a bunch of bloggers blogging their way through the 100 things challenge. I was intrigued as I loath clutter and stuff that has purpose only to sit there and be an object. Unless it does something (making me feel something counts...like art and photographs on my walls) I don't want it.

I sent Ben down to play in the new playroom yesterday and asked at his refusal why the heck not. "So-cause there are too many toys. I can't play!"

He is right, the place is exploding and I send him down there alone because I am overwhelmed by it.

So now I am really starting to think about this whole 100 things challenge. No not actually living with 100 things but really really prioritizing the possessions in our home and not keeping things out of undue sentiment, obligation or greed.

So what would I keep...if my family had to live with only 100 things?

***I am not counting food, medication, or deodorant, shampoo or toothpaste. We would just use baking soda and cider vinegar for that and those are food (yes...my loophole...I am trying to save room for my laptop!) And I am not counting my purse/diaper bag and the little essentialls in there...

1- vitamix- no question
2-ergo backpack
3-cloth diapers (5)
8-cloth diaper covers (2)
10-bowls (4)
14-spoons (4)
18-shirts (8)
26-sweater (4)
30- pants (6; one pair for J and I, 2 each for the boys)
36-coats (4)
40-snowsuits (2)
42-shoes (4)
46- boots (4)
50- mittens (4)
54- hats (4)
58-socks (8)
66-underwear (8)
74-soap
75- wool blankets (4)
79-bed (1...big one)
80- Mattress
81- couch
82- furnace
83- fridge/freezer combo
84- stove
85- washing machine
86- dryer (if we had more clothes I would not have one...but I think our two outfits would be damp all the time so I am going to spring for the dryer..)
87- first aid kit (lets count that as one...)
89- knife
90- car
91- towel
92- face cloths (3)
95-cell phone
96- bikes (3)
99-bike trailer
100...whew! My laptop!

Well that was fun! Those seem to be the priorities don't they? Interestingly though I realized what I take for grated, as though the kitchen appliances are apart of the house! I forgot to count them at first. I would like more clothes to be allotted but really this could be done per PERSON, I did it for the whole family. You know what...we would survive... without "toys" even. I kept trying to add just a ball or something but I know they would always find something to play with...sticks, rolled up socks, blankets....they have the most fun with those kind of things anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...