Ben and Jake got to meet their new baby cousin Onnika last weekend. Jake was smitten immediately and after getting the go ahead to get his pudgy little arms around this real live dolly he wouldn't let her go! He was so gentle and sweet with her.
Ben.... ignored her. (He would have us think, though I saw the sideways glances he kept giving her...unsure of what exactly she meant for him). After about an hour he privately asked me if baby Onnika would be going home with Grammie and Grandad. Reassured that his relationship remains intact and unchanged with his grandparents he no longer felt threatened and she quickly got number two wrapped around her other finger. He draws pictures incessantly...mostly for her.
I am excited to see their relationship develop. I have so so many wonderful memories...my very favorite even, of the summers spent in Nova Scotia with cousins. I am happy that my children have one a little closer. It is a unique relationship...a little less than sibling, a little more than friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment