Ben and Jake are by all accounts two great kids. I can take them anywhere and know that they will be well behaved, polite and obedient. They are kind, sweet, funny and smart. Everyday I wake up, I am still in shock that I get to call them mine. I have always been very proud of them but these last 6 months, with my difficult first trimester and then with Jon's illness they have really really amazed us.
They have their moments of course, where my face can turn a unique shade of purple and a few more strands of my hair lose pigment but then I remember that their mom is exhausted, lacking in patience, hormonal and losing more of her lap daily, their Dad has cancer, can't lift them, play or wrestle, their house is packed up, most of their toys trapped in boxes and their world...well, pretty much turned upside down. And then I am amazed again, that they don't act out ALL the time...because they are confused, angry, resentful or lacking the heaps of attention I wish we had to dole out right now. Instead they bounce back to being affectionate, entertained with a rope and a box and kind to each other. Jacob loves to help, Ben takes such good care of him, he is my second set of eyes and ears a lot of the time. They can tell when we need some quiet, when we need a hug and when we need a laugh. I am so proud of these two awesome boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment