We have an Elf on the Shelf named James. It is a little stuffed elf that watches the boys and reports back to Santa. The story says that if they touch him the magic will leave him. They are both very good about not touching him when they find him in the morning. Poor Ben...he tries so hard to be logical and realistic but he is five...he is really struggling with weather or not James (and Santa) are ACTUALLY real.
I caught him with his finger delicatly placed under the elf's nose making sure he wasn't quite touching him.
"Ben, what are you doing"?
He looked at his feet. Snatched his hand away and looked embarrassed.
"I was just ...um...seeing if I could feel him breething...".
"Ben...is it fun to believe that James is real?"
"Mmm hmm".
"Then let's have fun believing he is real."
Okay:)
Ben can occasionally get very upset. He is sensitive and his emotions can sometimes overflow into something that resembles a dam. When it bursts....evacuate! He was having a meltdown the other day...I said "Ben is there anything I can do to help you?"
"YEEEEEEEEEEES" he wailed.
"GET my BAAAAAAABY DOLL!!"
"You're babydoll?"
"Yes! It will help we think of Jaaaaaaaakey and then I will be happy again!"
I look over at Jake...who is ferociously nodding his head like that makes perfect sense!
I love these guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment