

My sweet Jacob,
One year ago you came into this world quickly and easily. In this fashion you set the trend for days to follow. Everyday with you is easy and goes by so very quickly. They added up and brought us to today, where I sit in disbelief, not quite sure why I am fighting back tears. I suppose I am afraid that I didn’t savor you enough, in your brief infancy and I am going to turn around tomorrow to be greeted by a boy. I am not quite ready to let go yet, my baby Jake and yet here it is; your birthday.
You begin and end every day with a smile, eat absolutely anything offered to you and you love your Mama so much. When Daddy walks through the door at the end of the day you shake and bounce and race on all fours for the first hug.
That brother of yours adores you, you know. Even thought he is rarely gentle, takes every toy you try to play with and steps on your hands when your crawling. I know, you see the way he looks at you, he loves you a lot. How could he not? There is nothing about you that isn’t absolutely delightful. You radiate the most positive and happy energy. To be around you is mood lifting, to hold you can make the whole day brighter, to get one of your famous slobbery open mouthed kisses can melt a whole heart.
Your Daddy and I are just crazy about you.
We sometimes lay in bed at night and just say, “those boys are awesome. Jacob is the sweetest, best baby in the whole world.” And we mean it.
I love your belly laugh, every square inch of your super ticklish little body, your big belly, your squishy toes, your blue blue eyes, your blond wisps of hair. I love your determination, your curiosity, your resilience and your joy. I love the way you love to be rocked to sleep in your chair. I love when you are just about to doze off how you tuck your arms into your body. I love how you point sideways and wave with both arms flailing I love how you growl and cheer. I love that we were chosen to receive such a gift into our family and our hearts. We are blessed everyday to call you our Son.
I love very inch of you and every moment of being your Mother.
Happy Birthday Jacob.
Love ,
Your Mommy.
XOXO
***Thank you to Verity Doktor for the beautiful photographs
Happy Birthday, baby Jake!! Now that you are officially one, you can stop growing, please and thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteThank Jakzen and Maguire for the lovely birthday card! Jacob ate it gratefully:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jacob. I hope your 2nd year brings you many new and great experiences.
ReplyDelete