
I am (half...) Irish!
Unfortunately my generic dollar store calender does not have the holidays of the year written on it and thus I missed the memo that today was St Patricks day. So we missed the Irish dancers that make my feet tap in the city center until I saw just a glimpse of the news and all the university kids in the background with green beer (oddly many of them were the little known Asian and African-Irish (?) and I felt badly that I neglected to bake shamrock cookies today and go looking for a rainbow with the boys...with some strategically planted cold coins as was my plan. But Jake had a green avocado for a snack when he woke up...so until next year...Happy St patty's day (do we even know what that is? Is it a real THING? Does anyone seriously celebrate it for a purpose other than to get cab rides and green food dye sales up? Does Ireland even acknowledge it?...I am off to Wikipedia...)
No comments:
Post a Comment