Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Visit From Great Nanny




My Grandmother is, in a word... fancy! As a child I remember watching her get ready for the day on our summer holidays in Nova Scotia. I watched her with interest, do her make- up and admired each piece of carefully selected jewelry she always wore. Her heels were high, her hair just right and her outfit always pressed. I am happy to say, even so many years later, I found her to be fancy! I am still taken with her poise, humor and charm. A darling my Nanny is! I was so glad for Ben and Jacob to be able to spend time with her on her recent visit. They took to her right away and Ben asked if could please see his Great Nanny again soon. I am happy to share her genes and hopefully will have inherited, among other attributes, her ability to be traveling the country and vacationing in Florida when I reach her phase of life as well. I have also been inspired to be a little more fancy...like my Nanny!
We so enjoyed her visit!

1 comment:

  1. You are right -- she IS fancy! And you guys are super lucky that you got in a visit!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...