Thursday, November 18, 2010

To Nap or Not to Nap, That is the Question.




Ben is pretty consistently not napping any longer. He went from three hours a day with an 8 o clock bedtime followed by 12 more hours of wake less sleep I thought maybe he could use perhaps a shorter nap. He has started arguing with me more and more however when I try to encourage this and so recently we had a talk about it.




"Why don't you want a nap anymore Ben? Aren't you a little bit too sleepy in the afternoon when you don't have one?"




"No Mommy. I have too many things to do"?




"Uh huh. Like what?"




"All my jobs. Colouring, play dough, trucks, my movie. Alllllll those jobs".




Well who was I to hold him back from his important work?! Not I... so napless we are. It is the end of an era.




I thought I would dread this day but I don't. Ben really does work hard during this time. He moves from one activity to another and impresses me with his independence and his ability to self regulate from painting, to clean up, shoes on to the sandbox, hands washed and self made toast. This boy of mine. He's growin' up and it doesn't look like I have a whole lotta say in the matter.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Jenn! I always have to remind myself that when my "kids" give up their naps that it's not always a bad thing and I try to look at it as a time to spend more time with them, the only loss is my own time but I get that back in other ways now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...