We looked at different houses all over for four months (when fortunately our house didn't sell!) we would come away thinking. "the backyard isn't as nice" "too many stairs" "too big" "too small" "too far away" "I would miss x x x x x about our house"...
Finally we agreed that the house we are looking for is right under our feet. Sometimes (or annually for me...) we need a reminder of this. Some of the things I love about our house is the openness of the main floor. I can see everything from the kitchen. I love our second floor great room. Jon and I relax up there in the evenings in front of the fire and a good book or our favorite shows and when the kids need us they are only a few stairs away. I love our walkout basement and our beautiful backyard. The ponds that house our ducks in the spring and ice rink in the winter. The forest that counts down the seasons in its fullness, colour or nakedness and animals that visit our deck as a result. The patio...the deck...the large driveway...the over sized garage...the walking distance we are to shops, parks, community center, restaurants and work and church just around the corner. The floors and paint that we chose to our taste...my "new" kitchen...the memories we have made here... Why were we leaving??? I love this house!
We are starting to work away on our projects (by "our" I mean mine of course...so for good measure, a reminder that Jon is wonderfully accommodating to my every wish and whim...and some kind of paint prodegy...he can paint a room like a professional, but he hates it, don't ask him...don't even bother it will take you four years of begging).
Our super duper playroom (the name it shall now and forever more be known as) is underway...hopefully it will be done before Christmas. The carpet, fingers crossed, should arrive next week!
Here is what it currently looks like...





Those stairs had me at "slide"...
Oh my gosh, that SLIDE!!! SO COOL!
ReplyDeleteWhere did that awesome tent come from?!!
The castle tent? Costco! They still have them too, more girly ones as well, under $40.00 which is a bit crazy cheap, it is great quality.
ReplyDelete