To the naked eye this looks like Ben is simply sitting in a pile of toys and odds and ends. Not so, however. This was a painstaking project that took a very long time. Each item selected just so. The final product is a rocket ship. Ben is very interested lately in building "machines". The budding engineer is enraptured with how parts to together to make a whole. This project specifically impressed me as you can't see either in the photo but he is holding the television remote in his hand and when he started pressing the buttons on his "control pad" he asked if I could see the lights light up (of course I could...) and then as he began the countdown he wiggled the blanket behind him (under which held a CARS "Mater" toy that makes car noises when you shake it) to make the engine sound until lift off when he jumped in the air and blew the back off (like when the fuel tank separates during a real launch (he watches You Tube videos of launches...) . I was really really impressed. And relieved that the boob tube hasn't rotted his brain afterall.
In the sink he discovered that a plastic straw from his reusable water bottle fits perfectly on the reverse osmosis water tap on the sink. He hooks that up and then piles different types of containers underneath it to make an assortment of "fountains"...bath time allows for even more elaborate water experiments.
I am googling Mensa now.
No comments:
Post a Comment