Ahhhh...this is such a stressful time of year for me... and all the other type A, anally rentative, control freaks out there who also feel my pain. The stress of creating the perfect freakin' (In my head I didn't say "freakin"...sorry Grammie...I didn't.) Christmas every single year! THIS year I went with simple...but even that is hard work, I am continuously swimming against the consumerism tide and in my efforts to downsize and use less as more and maximize moments and all that jazz I feel like there is a fine line between seasonal simplicity and Scrooge, how far do you back up before you are missing out?
I was sick at the start of the month, followed by Ben and today, wouldn't you know it, Jakey wakes up gracing us with a piping hot forehead. So my advent activities became one big TV fest of 1960's rudolf, frosty and Charley brown. I am sick of cartoons...and whinny children... I know. That is horrible of me to say. All I want for Christmas is my empathy back...and a fresh coat of patience on my nerves (No I don't Jon...I still want presents too, k?) but we didn't get to do any of my advent activities (and this was the REALLY fun week!) and Jake stripped the tree 1000 (00000) times and we didn't leave the house for three full days and Ben was coughing so hard that he was throwing up, and then crying and then coughing again and he kept asking me to make him better and I couldn't. That sucked.
Wrapping presents felt like a chore and two batches of gingerbread didn't work for reasons I am still not sure of (the third did...) and my attitude stunk because I can get so wrapped up in how things are SUPPOSE to be (says me) that I am unable to enjoy things how they ARE.
Bah humbug.
And then You Tube came to my rescue again with this.
I watched it. Then I watched it again. Then I cried.
Because I have it all wrong. Christmas isn't about anything but THIS. That is exactly the way it is SUPPOSE to be.
...And you're right Jakey...the ornaments are way more fun OFF the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment