I love the ages my children are at present the most....whatever age that may be at the time. Right now that is...now. Three years and ten months are hilarious, imaginative, verbal and goofy, curious and busy respectfully. They keep me on my toes and smiling. They will be I fear, like all the ages before these, fleeting however and there are some things I would like to remember.
Jacob loves to empty out the plastic dishes drawer. He puts the bowl between his teeth, clamps down so the bowl swings upwards, covering his face and then he flaps his arms out to the sides, up and down and bounces. He then throws the bowl to the side and repeats until he has gone through all the bowls. It is hilarious. Every time.
Ben's preschool teacher has a funny story about Ben to share at least once a week. He was playing with the puzzles (his favorite activity) and was very concentrated on the task. The education assistant noticed how hard he was working and said "Ben you are very patient". He said, his teacher told me, "No I am Mommy's little helper!". Yesturday she told me that after snack he wasn't very keen on putting his napkin in the garbage. She explained his responsibility to clean up after himself if he makes a mess. He put his head down and tucked his hands in his sleeves, looked up at her and said sadly "But what...if I didn't have any hands?" and poked his bottom lip out. She said at that cleverness, he won an escort to the garbage and she aided her poor little hand-less pupil in throwing out his napkin.
Ben uses random phrases of expressions that he picks up somewhat appropriately for the context but not very appropriate for his age. The two he uses most commonly that make us smile are "Oh, I see things are coming along well here". I have no idea where he heard that or why he keeps using it but it is always funny. As well if you ask him when something happened he will always say "about eight years ago".
Jacob is very verbal. He says "all done" "Mama" "Dada" Bye Bye" and something resembling "Ben". I think he says ball as well and shakes his head no but other than that he is not very interested in signing. He will copy my sign and smile to say yes to my request but rarely initiates it on his own. It is easier to understand his words thought when he signs them as well so I will keep pushing it...
Ben has an incredible imagination. He has a little "mouse" that pops up every now and then ahd he will be surprised suddenly and say "Oh hi mouse!" and hold out his seemingly empty hand with "Mouse". When we were baking cookies the other day (the same breakfast cookies...) he said "Oh mouse! He wants to help." and placed him on the counter. Later on when the cookies were cooling Ben said "Mouse wants to go in the jar with the cookies" and put him in. When he discovered the empty jar after I froze all the cookies he cried,
"Oh no! Mouse is lost in the cookie jar!"
"Well, there are worse things than being lost in a cookie jar!"
"No there is not! it is bad! I am not there."
On the same note he came over to me the other day and said "Mommy do you know I have beautiful eyes?"
(Yes...I did.)
Ben likes to play in Jacob's crib after we get him up from his nap. He plays "CD player" and pretends to press a button in the crib and inserts a pretend CD. He will then sing and dance and otherwise entertain us while I change Jacob. Today he put in a CD and then made these awful screeches and wailing noises. "UG! Ben what is that song?" He laughed and said "ohhhh sorry Mommy I put in the ugly CD! Don't worry we will break this one..." and then he pretended to open the tray and throw it hard on the floor.
There...my random moments recorded.
No comments:
Post a Comment